In the interest of making the latest news available to all interested parties, including those who may not frequent the Low Carb Friends forums - the Fascination With Kimmer threads in particular - I am, with the full permission of Christin, reprinting here the latest update she has provided us on the status of the Kimkins lawsuit. This information is a result of the recent depositions of Heidi Diaz and Brandon Diaz, as well as investigations into this matter by John Teidt, his staff and others.
"Good morning! I know that many (ok so most ) have been anxious for an update from John. I spoke with him and this is what he has shared so far. Some of this is already known, and just restated for clarification and to keep the timeline and discoveries coordinating.
1) We have now officially taken 2 depositions of Heidi Diaz and 1 deposition of Brandon Diaz. Brandon claims to know nothing.
2) We have learned that while Heidi was profiting from the Woman's World surge et al, she was still accepting payments from SSDI and Medicare.
3) She is still currently making money and still in business, however we have acquired new information that affirms the belief towards her concealment of assets.
4) We have uncovered evidence of more fraud and false advertising.
5) Brain Pugh is a non-attorney who formed Sharp Plumbing LLC, Halcyon Web Design, LLC and the Beauchamp Trust. He is also an employee of Bert Cottle, counsel of record for Heidi Diaz.
6) Cottle has filed a frivolous demurrer, which John is confident will fail... they are attempting to also set aside the writ, and John is optimistic on that as well, but the motion to set aside the right to attach order is totally up to the judge.
This is all that he has given us right now, he is still working on a public statement which we hope will be very informative. Keep your eyes open for that coming soon! Have a wonderful weekend, and keep pulling those weeds .
Christin, thank you for taking the time to keep us informed.
If any of you reading this blog purchased a membership to the Kimkims diet website and have not joined the class action lawsuit against Heidi Diaz, I encourage you to do so. You do not have to have actually followed the plan - regardless of the reason why you didn't. If you did follow the plan, even if you lost weight and had no side effects, you are eligible to join the lawsuit. Please follow the link to the left of my blog entries entitled "Join The Kimkins Class Action Lawsuit" for more information.
If any of you reading this blog never purchased a membership to the Kimkins diet website but would still like to assist in bring a scammer to justice, please follow the link to the left of my blog entries entitled "Be A Consumer Activist - Help Take Down Kimkins" for more information.
If any of you reading this blog are considering joining Kimkins, believing that nothing else will work for you, praying that this really is the answer for you, please follow the link to the left of my blog entries entitled "Kimkins Survivors" for more information. I warn you, have a tissue handy. The true stories told there are heart wrenching. Once you've read those, there are multiple other links on that site for you to click and read. If you are going to be making a decision that will affect the rest of your life, please make a fully informed one.
You may also click on the links provided at the bottom of my blog entitled "Say NO To Kimkins" which will move you through the Just Say NO To Kimkins web ring.
Anyone reading this blog that would like more information but hesitate, for whatever reason to follow the above referenced links, please simply leave a comment on this blog. Be sure and provide your email address and I will be certain that some contacts you directly to personally answer whatever question you may have. Email address will not be published on my blog.